October 17, 2009

Info & Awards


Rainbow Bridge Website is a wonderful site that offers candle lighting on Monday, a prayer chain, a virtual cemetery, flowers, grief counselors, and more for those that have lost their loved one. Anyone that has loved and lost a pet will find comfort here. ~Sassy Cat

Visit the Temple of Bast at Diamond Emerald Eyes' bloggie.


Cat's Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this cushy life to keep.
I pray for toys that look like mice,
And sofa cushions, soft and nice.
=^..^=
I pray for gourmet kitty snacks,
And someone nice to scratch my back,
For windowsills all warm and bright,
For shadows to explore at night.
=^..^=
I pray I'll always stay real cool,
and keep the secret feline rule,
To NEVER tell a human that
The world is really ruled by Cats !
... author unknown


Just A Cat

From time to time, people tell me, "
lighten up, it's just a cat" or, "that's a lot of money for just a cat."
They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "
just a cat."
Some of my proudest moments have come about with "
just a cat."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "
just a cat", but I did not once feel slighted.
Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "
just a cat", and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a cat" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "
just a cat" then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."
"
Just a cat" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"
Just a cat" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.
Because of "
just a cat" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me and folks like me, it's not "
just a cat" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
"
Just a cat" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "
just a cat" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man/woman."
So the next time you hear the phrase "just a cat" just smile, because they "just don't understand."
~Juniorbabee

No comments: